Darrow's Hope was established in 2011 by Pastor Joe and Tammy Darrow. Originally coined as the "team" name for the "walk" they attended and raised money for in May 2011, it has now become the name of the ministry created by the Darrows.
In 2009, Pastor Joe was diagnosed with a rare brain tumor. They are aware that the Lord has them on this journey for a reason and they look forward to becoming the people the Lord has envisioned them to be. Since that time they have been enthusiastic about raising money for brain tumor research and cure. Through Pastor Joe's illness he has continued to be a blessing to others that he encounters. His faith and sense of humor have never wavered and continue to be an inspiration to all who know him.
In honor of Pastor Joe, Darrow's Hope has created a variety of programs to minister to brain tumor patients (patients with both malignant and benign tumors) and their families. Our programs include: scholarships, placement of companion dogs, activities for patients and families...and much more.
Throughout their marriage, the Darrow's have been involved in the ministry in one capacity or another. In 2010, Pastor Joe was ordained and became the Assistant Pastor of Fish Locker Ministries.
Passionate about spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ, Pastor Joe and his wife believe that you have to be a living example of the Word. Actions are spoken much louder than words, in many instances. They are passionate about ministering to brain tumor patients and their families - providing the message through the various programs that they have put in place.
- the entire Bible is inspired by God, without error and the authority on which we base our faith, conduct and doctrine.
- in one God who exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God who came to this earth as Savior of the world.
- Jesus died on the cross and shed His blood for our sins. We believe that salvation is found by placing our faith in what Jesus did for us on the cross. We believe Jesus rose from the dead and is coming again.
- water baptism is a symbol of the cleansing power of the blood of Christ and a testimony to our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- in the regular taking of Communion as an act of remembering what the Lord Jesus did for us on the cross.
every believer should be in a growing relationship with Jesus by obeying God’s Word, yielding to the Holy Spirit and by being conformed to the image of Christ.
- as children of God, we are overcomers and more than conquerors and God intends for each of us to experience the abundant life He has in store for us.